[mythtv-users] MS media center

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 05:37:12 UTC 2010

On 27 February 2010 04:57, Dean Collins <Dean at cognation.net> wrote:

> My original comment was simply unless you are in the usa or a few
> countries in Europe how does Media Center get it's tv guide data?

Here's a list of 29 countries that get EPG data through Windows Media Center:

http://www.microsoft.com/uk/windows/products/winfamily/mediacenter/setup/guide.mspx#footnote1

To summarise, USA, Canada, Mexico, most of Europe, Israel, Japan,
India, Taiwan and Korea are catered for.

> Surely not everyone else in the world is just not using it without the
> EPG.

It is (apparently, I haven't tried this) possible to import XMLTV
listings into Media Center. The XMLTV project provides coverage of
some countries that are not in the above list (e.g. South Africa,
Latin America), so this may help to fill some gaps.

http://wiki.xmltv.org/index.php/XMLTVProject

It may also be possible to import EIT data via XMLTV (tv_grab_dvb)
into Media Center (convoluted, and getting very off-topic) in those
territories that do have over-the-air listings data, but no service
available from Microsoft.

Cheers,
Nick

--