[mythtv-users] Lirc slow to start on Myth 0.22

steve.goodey at bt.com steve.goodey at bt.com
Fri Feb 26 16:42:28 UTC 2010

From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org [mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Darren Hart
Sent: 26 February 2010 08:24
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: [mythtv-users] Lirc slow to start on Myth 0.22

I upgraded from MythTV 0.21 to 0.22 today (and Ubuntu Jaunty to Karmic) using MythBuntu. Everything works.... eventually. I haven't been able to identify exactly what is going on, but when the frontend first starts up, it is responsive to the keyboard, but it ignores the remote. After a while, possibly after some mouse motion and clicks, the remote starts working.

MythTV is connecting to the lircd at startup and irw works consistently without any sort of delay. I thought it might be some kind of window focus issue, but I'm using native lirc support which supposedly isn't impacted by window focus.

....Deleted
--
Darren Hart

Isn't this a problem caused by setting media monitor? Try disabling it.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/410669?search_string=lirc%20media%20monitor;#410669

Steve