[mythtv-users] "small" mATX case that can still hold a full PCIcard?

Michael PARKER michael.parker at st.com
Fri Feb 26 11:37:58 UTC 2010

Dan,

I'm in the same boat - I've got a mATX combo FE/BE that I'm keen to squeeze into the smallest case
possible.

Looking around, it may be possible to use a 90deg or flex PCI extender:

http://www.adexelec.com/extenders.htm

although I'm not sure whether it's possible to find cases that support PCI cards rotated through
90deg (i.e. how do you rigidly secure the card bracket (with all I/O connectors) to the case?)

My Mythbox has got a half height Wifi PCI card and a full height Hauppauge HVR-4000 card. I don't
suspect the wifi card will be a problem, but the height of the HVR-4000 is currently forcing me to
look at bigger boxes than I've got space for.

I'd be interested to hear how you get on.

Cheers,

Mike