[mythtv-users] USB dual channel IR blaster?

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 20:59:34 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 2:32 PM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 3:09 PM, Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> That one, with just a little bit of legwork, figuring out if the
>>> transmit mask is simply inverted, I'd wager.
>>>

>> I tried all combinations.  commenting it out of the transmit mask
>> section while using both, 1 and 2 for the transmitter, etc several
>> times.  I hope I'm not that incompetent (but I may be)  :-/
>>
>> I'll gladly confess to being a dumbass if it works though!
>
> Damn, is this the exact same one you've got?... So there must be
> something else going on... Perhaps it needs a different init sequence,
> a la the pinacle transceivers... Definitely interested in poking at
> one of these ones. :)

Yep - one in the same unfortunately.  Seeing these recent two posts
about these is what sparred my memory that I have one - I just am not
using my hdpvr right now, so no need to blast again quite yet.

On another note, I have not seen any comments on whether the hdpvr
reliably blasts if it is in "blast only" mode and not polling.  Does
anyone have comments regarding this?

Thanks,

Greg