[mythtv-users] Recordings consistently failing - "Recording Unavailable"

Mike Holden mythtv at mikeholden.org
Thu Feb 25 11:12:47 UTC 2010

Phill Edwards wrote:
> I'm getting LOTS (by which I mean over 80% of recordings) failing on
> some channels. Recordings on ABC1 and Channel 7 (Australia)
> consistently lack a preview image in the watch recording screen and
> display error message "Recording Unavailable" when I try to play them.

You could try a "full" reboot, by which I mean a full shutdown, unplug power from
the wall for a couple of minutes, then power up and restart. When I get these kind
of issues, it's usually one specific DVB-T tuner that has "stuck", and a "warm"
reboot often doesn't clear it properly.
--
Mike Holden

http://www.by-ang.com - the place to shop for all manner of hand crafted items,
including Jewellery, Greetings Cards and Gifts