[mythtv-users] Changing Backend from Localhost to IP

Mark Goldberg marklgoldberg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 05:05:34 UTC 2010

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 2:31 PM, Mark Goldberg wrote:
> On 02/21/2010 you wrote:
>
>>All of the above is in your 1. above. If you do that, 2. won't need
>>changing (or, at the least, when it automatically prompts you for the
>>information on startup, just type in the same values you used in
>>mythtv-setup for the hostname and IP addresses).
>>
>>Mike

I followed:

then went into mythtv setup and on the combined fe/be did:

 Mythtv Setup
 General
 Host Address Backend Setup

Local Backend (now said new hostname)
IP Address (change to static ip of combined fe/be)

Master Backend
IP Address (already set to static ip of combined fe/be)

then started the backend and frontend, and it did not prompt for an address.

I went into
Frontend Setup
General
Database Configuration 1/2
Hostname (change to static ip address, was still localhost)

I worked either way but this was cleaner.

Seems to work fine. All settings on fe and be are retained.

Mark