[mythtv-users] something's missing

sharifah ummu kulthum kulthum91 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 04:49:34 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 12:40 PM, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org>wrote:

> On 02/24/2010 11:00 PM, Nick Rout wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 3:53 PM, sharifah ummu kulthum
>> <kulthum91 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>

>>> And so far, in MythTV, it does have the correct probed info. But it does
>>> not
>>> scan. I wonder why.
>>>

>> Are you SURE this is an analogue card? It appears from this
>> description to be digital only:
>>
>> http://www.avermedia-usa.com/AVerTV/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?Id=472
>>
>> I see no mention of analogue. (or the american spelling)
>>

> The link the OP gave a day or two ago was this:
>

> http://www.avermedia.com/avertv/Support/Download.aspx?Type=Software&id=182&tab=APDriver
>
> which clearly describes it as an USB analog stick.
>

> Geoff
>

> --
>        Please let me know if anything I say offends you.
>         I may wish to offend you again in the future.
>
>         Tux says: "Be regular. Eat cron flakes."

Yes. I know it should scan. But apparently, it didn't. And I don't know why.
Anyway, I have posted a new post entitled Mythbuntu 9.10. I found a site
saying that scanning channel in mythbackend setup is broken. I am not sure
it has anything to do with my problem.

Or does my problem got to do with my antenna. Do I have to have a good
antenna to make sure it scans for channels?