[mythtv-users] LEDs as an output device, was: Revo 1600 looks even better now

Mw meatwad2021 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 20:26:26 UTC 2010

On 2/23/2010 5:07 PM, Graham Mitchell wrote:
>> The there is the fact that in the USA AC power switches are normally up
> for on
>> and down for off, while in the UK the "Mains" switches are often the other
> way
>> around, down for on.
>

> Yeah... that still confuses the bejesus out of me sometimes.
>
> And a couple of times a year I still go to the right door of my car - with
> the key in my hand...:) Right in the UK, wrong in the US.

Did that myself Monday morning. Although I haven't driven a
right-control vehicle in years, I held a Spooks marathon this past
weekend for some friends who didn't care for 24.

Back on topic, the blue LEDs made the transition from cutting-edge to
commodity just five-six years ago which should explain the proliferation
of these silicon obscenities although I have to admit that dimmed blue
light is very easy on night-vision and works well for dashboards and such.

I'm not sure which of the following visuals would be more disturbing...a
desperate marketing exec all out of ideas or a dope fiend combing the
carpet for dropsies.

--
mw