[mythtv-users] Live TV channel restrictions

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Wed Feb 24 10:10:49 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>
To: <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 11:27 AM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Live TV channel restrictions

On 02/23/2010 05:09 PM, Ian Oliver wrote:
> In article, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> so that you can waste your time with LiveTV
>>
> Pardon? Just because person A might not like watching news or sport live doesn't
> mean that person B is wasting their time by doing so.
>

>http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/387302#387302 --even
news and sports should be recordings and not LiveTV.

OK I get that the dev promoted model is to set a recording to record - and if you are there at start time, then don't watch Live,
watch the recording while it continues to record.  I confirm that works well for me - when the viewing is planned and the recording
pre-set.  It is a different paradigm that requires significant intellectual "openness" to re-orient ones thinking to.

What I am unclear about is when one more spontaneously watches LiveTV, Pauses, and then Resumes - then LiveTV is arguably no longer
LiveTV. (Its delayed or recorded TV)  Can someone clarify for me, is "Paused/Resumed 'LiveTV'" still considered LiveTV in the
context of the liveTV vs watching recorded TV debate?  Is this consideration at all relevant?