[mythtv-users] Disabling the internal player

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Tue Feb 23 22:37:57 UTC 2010

On 2/23/2010 17:26, Eric Sharkey wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 5:18 PM, Michael T. Dean
> <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>  wrote:
>
>> If we leave external players enabled, then no one ever reports bugs--because
>> they only use external players.
>>
> Are these bug reports actively wanted?  Any time I get a video that
> mplayer plays flawlessly but the internal player can't handle you want
> a new bug filed?

Assuming it is not a known deficiency, and a related bug isn't already
filed, yes.  If the only reason to use external players is because files
don't work with the internal, the only way to change that is to let the
proper people know so they can fix it.  You probably should hold off
until 0.23 is released and test against that before reporting anything.