[mythtv-users] LEDs as an output device, was: Revo 1600 looks even better now

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Tue Feb 23 19:49:42 UTC 2010

Ian Oliver wrote:

>We used to have a hardware engineer who had some odd ideas regards colours. He
>once spent ages trying to convince me that RED=RUN was sane and
>sensible. He now doesn't work for me.

Some time ago I had the chance to (briefly) work on a ship built in
the early 50's in Italy. Apart from picking up a few words of Italian
(Lucio Corridio = Corridor Lights) I got to see some of the very
neatly done original electrical stuff - most of which was a work of
art ! But one interesting feature was that all the starters had green
for stop and red for start which is the opposite of modern starters.

But if you think about it, it makes sense - press the green button
for safe, press the red button for danger (start a machine).
Now we press a red button to make safe, and press a green button to
make dangerous !

--
Simon Hobson

WANTED: "Software CD ROM Kit" for Canon CLBP 360-PS printer (Canon
part no RH6-3612, or possibly RH6-3810, or RH6-3610 might do). I've a
dead HD and need this CD so I can replace the disk and re-install the
printer OS on it. If anyone knows where I might get hold of one I'd
be grateful - requests to Canon drew a blank, it's been out of
support for years.
Alternatively, if anyone has one of these and would let me image
their hard disk ...