[mythtv-users] Setting Plugin Fonts and a blog post

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Feb 23 19:40:58 UTC 2010

On 02/23/2010 02:05 PM, Mark D. Montgomery II wrote:
> I finally got my mythbox up and working pretty nicely.
>
> But one thing is really bugging me (well, there's a couple glitches
> I've found, but this is the main thing that's annoying me).
> It seems that the various modules (video/gallery/etc) do not use the
> font size settings set in the main frontend configuration.
> They are all using quite large fonts that just don't look all that
> good (on my local monitor session or on the tv).
> This leads to cutoff text, overlapping text, etc.
> Is there a way to fix this?
> Thanks.
>
> I also tossed up a little blog entry the other day about my new setup.
> If you are interested in seeing what I'm using and how it's setup.
> http://bit.ly/a3AY9O

The font settings in MythTV's settings are not used /anywhere/ in
MythTV--with the exception of in the settings pages (which are due to be
thrown away and completely replaced, as will the font size settings
since they'll no longer be needed).

The theme determines fonts and font sizes.  If you don't like the
theme's choice of fonts/sizes, edit the theme--or better, make your
own.  Also, make sure you actually have installed the fonts *onto your
system* that your theme of choice uses--just because the fonts may be in
a theme directory does not mean they will be used.

Mike