[mythtv-users] Revo 1600 looks even better now

Greg Cope gregcope at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 17:56:50 UTC 2010

On 23 Feb 2010, at 14:47, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:

> I'd be interested in hearing results from people using a Revo as a
> backend.
> You'd be limited to USB tuners or an HDHR I'd think. The limiting
> factor would
> be the laptop-type HDD, but network or E-SATA storage would improve
> things I
> think.

+1 for a dual core revo 3610 as a FEBE.  It can transcode UK mpeg2 dvb-
t (freeview) in real time (or there abouts).

It also runs my website and home samba share.

Transcoding HD in real time would be a challenge, but that is a
problem I do not have.

It is nice and cheap to buy and run.  I have the os Inc mysql on the
internal disk and use esata for a recordings drive.  In future I might
try a little nas for bulk (recordings) storage.

Greg