[mythtv-users] MythWeb doesn't work since upgrade to 0.22 - 'Incompatible protocol version'

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 13:30:10 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 7:11 AM, Phillip Barnett <
phillip.p.barnett at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was running 0.21 on Mythbuntu, and upgraded by compiling the latest 0.22
> SVN. Since I'd missed a few dependencies, the upgrade didn't work (details
> not important, forgot to install libxv package so no compiled VideoOutput)-
>  when I'd eventually struggled through what was missing, and tried a few
> days older version, I eventually settled for the stable 0.22 tarballs
> release, whgich I've now got (mostly) working. (Have to run Mythfrontend by
> hand  - the Xsession keeps closing before it's opened, but that's something
> to address later)
>
> Anyway, the last major problem is that Mythweb won't work - I get
> complaints of the database schema being incorrect.
>
> 'Error at /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/includes/mythbackend.php, line 172:
> Incompatible protocol version (mythweb=40, backend=50)'
>
> I downloaded the 0.22 plugins official tarball and compiled and installed
> that, but it made no difference - same error message.
>
> The database was upgraded automatically a couple of times when I ran the
> different Mythfrontend svn versions - have I upgraded too far for the 0.22
> official release and now need to correct this, or should I try once again to
> get the SVN version compiled and installed, or have I missed something
> obvious?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.

Mythweb doesn't "install" from the tarball.  You have to copy it manually to
your public web folder and configure it properly in your web server.  Check
the README or INSTALL or such files in the mythweb folder from your source.
I would imagine that the RPM/DEB/YUM/APT installable version would do all
the right things but the tarball/SVN that you compile yourself needs an
extra step.

Kevin