[mythtv-users] Tuner opinions?

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Tue Feb 23 02:12:11 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 12:25:47PM -0700, Brian Wood wrote:
> On Monday 22 February 2010 12:21:56 pm jedi wrote:
>

> >     My only real complaint/problem is about how my DTV recievers have a
> >  nasty habit of deciding to no longer listen to the USB port. I'm tempted
> >  to go back to using IR blasters.
>
> What model receivers are those? I'm setting up a system for a friend who has
> DirectTV, and it would be good to know, thanks.

    They are recent H2x series recievers. I couldn't tell you which ones exactly
without pulling them out.

> How do you get the receiver(s) to start listening to the USB port again? Power
> cycle?

    Yup. I use the onscreen menu with the regular remote to restart the recievers.

    I had very good luck with an MCE IR blaster and the D12 I originally had hooked
up to my PVR150. I had a lot less trouble with that setup.