[mythtv-users] How to output to Standard TV

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 23:26:39 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 11:55 AM, Tortise <tortise at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
>> It appears to have a s-video connector, but there are two pics of the
>
> back plane with different setups and "Product appearance may vary" -
>
>> The specs aren't too clear on the connectors either.
>
>> Sometimes nvidia cards have a modified s-video socket. It has more
>
> than the usual number of pins. The normal s-video pins provide an
> s-video signal and you use the usual s-video cable. The extra pins
> provide component via a break out cable (the other end is the familiar
> three rca plugs for component). Whether this card has this feature,
> and whether it will work in linux, is unknown to me.
>
> The pics of the versions shown all detail a 9 pin break out S-Video
> connector - which are good for composite, S-Video and Component with the
> correct box.  (Pick any one only)

Well I certainly can't see that detail in the pics, but maybe its my
eyes or my monitor.

The specs (separate pdf file) says each of them has "S-Video, DVI,
VGA, HDTV". The first three are obvious but what does "HDTV" mean in
this context? Does it mean via DVI/HDMI or does it mean there is
access to component too?

But perhaps it doesn't matter about component, as the OP was asking
about s-video or composite, and this card certainly has s-video. It
will also drive his flash new TV when he gets it via DVI->HDMI
adaptor.