[mythtv-users] 0.22-fixes: delete from play returns to top of recorded list?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 22 20:58:31 UTC 2010

"Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> writes:

> On 02/22/2010 01:54 PM, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> I just upgraded from 0.21 to 0.22.  In 0.21 when I was watching a
>> recorded program and typed 'D' to delete it, and then confirmed with
>> 'Yes, Delete', Myth would return to the list of recorded programs at the
>> location where I had been (minus the newly deleted program).  In 0.22,
>> however, it returns to the top of the list.
>>
>> For example, let's assume I've been away for a week and now I'm trying
>> to watch the 20+ programs that have recorded while I was away.  I move
>> down the list 4-5 pages to get to the first program that recorded, watch
>> it, and then when the program is over I delete it.  I would expect to
>> get back to the list 4-5 pages in (which is what 0.21 did) but in 0.22
>> it takes me to the top so I now have to page down 4-5 times again.
>>
>> If I exit out of the recording mode (ESC) and then delete (D), it does
>> what I want.
>>
>> Is there some configuration that controls this behavior?  Some flag I
>> can set to return to the (IMHO correct) 0.21 behavior?  Should I file a
>> bug report?
>>

> Nope.  You should upgrade to the current 0.22-fixes.  If it still
> doesn't work there, you should wait for 0.23--and in the meantime can
> exit playback and /then/ delete.  It's been changed to do more like
> what it did before.

I just built 0.22 yesterday (or maybe the day before).  Looking at SVN I
don't see any changes that have been committed to 0.22-fixes since I
pulled about 48 hours ago.  So no, it's not fixed in the current
0.22-fixes.

I guess I can wait for 0.23, but it's annoying this changed. :(

I suppose I could go figure out where the hook is and try to fix it
myself, or figure out the 0.23 change and try to backport it.  But
honestly I'd like to get the HDHR issue fixed first; this one is just an
annoyance as opposed to a "fails to record my shows" blocker.

Thanks for the info,

> Mike

-derek