[mythtv-users] OT: SCOTUS decision

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Feb 22 18:26:37 UTC 2010

On Monday 22 February 2010 11:22:46 am jedi wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 01:13:51PM -0500, Phil Bridges wrote:
> > >
> > > I don't know about that.  A single attack, with a death toll of 3,000,
> > > was enough to get us to do it.  And give up some of our freedom, as
> > > well.  It was, in that respect, a highly efficient and effective act of
> > > terrorism.
> > >
> > > But that's just my opinion.  And according to U.S. politicians and the
> > > media I'm not a "real American" anyway, because I don't live in the
> > > South and believe in God.  So, you should probably dismiss what I think
> > > out of hand.
> >
> > Will you guys *please* take your off-topic blathering to private email
> > rather than subjecting all of the rest of us to your collective verbal
> > diarrhea?
>
>     The keywords "SCOTUS" and "OT" should be more than enough warning
>  really.
>
>     Even mail clients "from the depths of time" will allow you to bypass
>  this stuff quite easily. You make it sound like you're strapped in
>  somewhere reading this stuff Clockwork Orange style.

Agreed, worst case you have to hit "delete", what? a second or two?

There are many forums for this sort of discussion, but most of them are
populated by nutcases. In a way it's a tribute to the group here that the
discussion seems rational.

But I agree, it's way OT, and the list owner has requested that we not do such
things, so we should not.