[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend delay/freeze for about 2-3 minutes about 15-25 seconds after starting.

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Feb 22 09:40:33 UTC 2010

Zitat von Dave Day <dday at sc.rr.com>:

> On 02/21/2010 05:41 PM, Rodd Clarkson wrote:
>>
>>> When I first started on this project I used the latest
>>> MythBuntu to keep things simple while I learned.  At some
>>> point during my work with it, I did something, I don't know
>>> what, to cause the frontend to freeze for a few minutes
>>> shortly after start up.  The front end would become
>>> completely un responsive.  Then after about 2 minutes, the
>>> main screen would either disappear, leaving only the blue
>>> background of the MythCenter Wide template and then be
>>> replaced by the screen representing the MythGallery plugin
>>> or the MythGallery screen would be placed behind the main
>>> Myth Menu as though the main menu was transparent.  After
>>> another minute or so the screen would blank again and at
>>> that point the frontend would unfreeze and I could hit a key
>>> and the menus would come back and I could continue using the
>>> system as though nothing had happened.
>>>
>>> I didn't worry about this at the time because I never
>>> intended to stick with MythBuntu and new I would be
>>> switching the system over to Gentoo once I had enough
>>> competence with Myth to be comfortable.
>>
>> I've had a similar problem with Fedora, but it seems to have resolved
>> itself.
>>
>> one possible answer might be to run optimize_mythdb.pl.  For my fedora
>> box I run:
>>
>> $ perl
>> /usr/share/doc/mythtv-docs-0.22/contrib/maintenance/optimize_mythdb.pl
>>
>> I'm only guessing at this, but it might help.  Otherwise I can't say
>> what stopped the behavior.
>>

>> R.

> Rodd,
>
> Thanks for the pointer to optimize_mythdb.pl.
>
> I tried it and it appears to run without error.
> Unfortunately the behavior persists.

FWIW I'm seeing the same on Mythbuntu. I don't have that MyhtGallery
issue though, just the unresponsiveness and the empty theme
background. Then after a short minute, a (remote) key press brings the
menu up and everything works, like you put it, as if nothing had
happened.

I had starting up MythTV with the MythGallery plugin in the very
beginning of my MythTV endavours, because I had enabled auto-starting
of the gallery for certain external drives. For some reason this was
also triggered by empty drives, so I disabled those. You might be
seeing a mixture of those two issues.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/