[mythtv-users] Set bookmark on pause

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Feb 22 00:51:07 UTC 2010

On 02/21/2010 07:15 PM, Justin Johnson wrote:
> I don't mean to sound like I'm requesting features, but hopefully this
> has been considered. Maybe it's already an option I just don't know
> about it.
> I currently use the feature to set a bookmark on exit. It's great so
> that I can exit a recording, come back tomorrow and pick up where I
> left off. The problem is, if there's credits at the end that I don't
> watch, when I exit the recording, a bookmark is set at the end of the
> recording. If I want to watch it again, or someone else who is not as
> myth-savvy wants to watch the recording, they need to rewind all the
> way to the beginning.
> I'd like it to just leave the previous bookmark if the current
> position is within a certain time of the end of the recording. It
> seems that the same code that detects whether a recording has been
> "watched" would be usable for this same kind of detection.

When you get to the point where you've watched all you're going to
watch, don't hit stop to exit, hit Down to do a Jump Forward (by
default, 10mins) to hit the end of the recording.  MythTV won't set a
bookmark if you exit at the end.  (Or if you've set your jump increments
to smaller values in your Playback Group, you can jump a couple of times
or 0> or 99Right or ...)

Mike