[mythtv-users] Jamu is not updating mythconverg

Doug Vaughan r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Sun Feb 21 19:42:21 UTC 2010

Stephen,
    First it does not matter what that the "config_file
(jamu-example.conf)" says as it just means Mythbuntu copied the
"jamu-example.conf" and never renamed the "config_file" variable name.
That has zero impact on this issue or anything else it is just a name in
case a user has more than one jamu.conf file.

A side note: Do not bother with the "-d" debug option as it will only
clutter up your display. The "-V" verbose option will provide more
relevant information with this issue.

Is there a chance you have more than one MythTV backend? You must run
Jamu on each MythTV backend separately as it only updates metadata and
images for the video files specific to the backend it is running on.
 From the pastebin Jamu is running against the 'fone' hostname backend.

Here are a few new things to try: (substitute in the real file name for
"A Bit of Fry and Laurie S01E01")
0) Start the MythTV front end go into MythVideo and perform a scan
"m"->"Scan for changes"
    > I want to make sure that everything is up to date as far as
MythVideo and the data base is concerned.

1) Capture the MySQL videometadata record information for "A Bit of Fry
and Laurie S01E01"

2) Run the following and capture the output relevant for this video file.
 > /where ever jamu is/jamu.py -MGV "/mnt/store/videos/..../??A Bit of
Fry and Laurie S01E01.???" "/mnt/store/videos/" -s

3) Now run this and capture the output relevant for this video file: (No
"-s" simulation this time)
 > /where ever jamu is/jamu.py -MGV "/mnt/store/videos/..../??A Bit of
Fry and Laurie S01E01.???" "/mnt/store/videos/"

4) Capture the MySQL videometadata record information for "A Bit of Fry
and Laurie S01E01" again.

Add all the captured output for each step to a pastebin and either put
the link in a reply or join the #mythtv-users channel and ask for jamu
help my handle is RDV_Linux. It may be faster using the channel to track
down this issue.