[mythtv-users] Motherboard / Video Card / Intel GMA X4500HD recommendations?

Dan Armbrust daniel.armbrust.list at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 18:38:52 UTC 2010

I'm looking to dip my toes into the MythTV world, and would like some
feedback from the veterans.

Looking at Motherboard / video card choices - My current TV requires a
DVI connection for high-quality output.  I'm sure my next TV will do
HDMI.  So I want both of those.  I want to do audio to my surround
sound system with an optical toslink connection, thought I could do a
analog cable there.

Is an board with integrated video a good choice for Myth?

This board seems to have everything I would need:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813121355

But, how are the drivers on Linux for the Intel GMA X4500HD video?

My only recent experience with video on linux is with NVidia - which
has been a good experience.
I haven't been able to find a motherboard with a modern NVidia
chipset, however, that has all of my other required connectors.

I won't touch ATI after my last round with them.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Dan