[mythtv-users] Dual-boot database question

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Feb 21 16:13:29 UTC 2010

I suppose this is for Mike Dean - hope it's not too noobish.

I have a dual-boot f10/f12 FE/BE box, with the intention to switch to
f12 when I have it working acceptably.  Initially I transferred the f10
database to f12 using the backup and restore scripts, then did a
mythtvsetup on f12.  That gave me two working but independent systems,
with initially the same set of recordings.  Since then I've been trying
without success to get the almost unused f12 system synced to the
working recordings database from f10.

I tried to use --partial_restore, f10 to f12, but it found a duplicate
and failed.  I tried mysql TRUNCATE on the partial_restore tables,
followed by --partial_restore, and apparently got success, but now no
f10 recordings at all (new or old) visible to f12.  I also tried ON
DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE - more reported success but no f10 recordings.
hostnames are the same and everything is supposed to be accessible to
all frontends.  I don't know quite what to try next.  Suggestions
appreciated!  Ideally I'd like to be able to use either system with a
shared DB, or easily keep them in sync.

f10 0.22-fixes, last ATrpms build; f12 0.22-bijou via ATrpms
DBbackup.gz 17.9 Mb                   DBbackup.gz  4.7 Mb

John P