[mythtv-users] something's missing

sharifah ummu kulthum kulthum91 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 04:58:29 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 2:55 AM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 2:17 AM, sharifah ummu kulthum
> <kulthum91 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>

> > i think i have found the cause on why my PC detects the device
> previously,
> > and why it didn't now. it's because i have upgraded my kernel from
> 2.6.31-14
> > to 2.6.31-19. when i boot my PC, the default kernel is 2.6.31-19. That's
> why
> > it does not load the module automatically. I have installed the device
> > driver in kernel 2.6.31-14. but now, i still don't know how i can watch
> tv
> > using mythtv
>
> It's been made quite clear to you in previous threads that when you
> update your kernel you have to reinstall the driver, and in fact it
> may even break.
>
> As far as watching TV, have you read and followed the manual at
> http://wiki.mythtv.org?

Yeah. I'm sorry. I kinda missed the part where I don't realise that I'm
actually updating my kernel version. I have changed the GRUB now, so, the
default kernel is my older kernel. Yes, I have read the manual but I guess I
did something wrong because it seems like it does not work in my PC

Thank you anyway.