[mythtv-users] Comcast Digital transition Denver

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Feb 20 18:09:21 UTC 2010

On Saturday 20 February 2010 10:58:00 am bhaskins at chartermi.net wrote:

> I think/hope that google wil end up being our last great hope.
> Their proposed "super net" could just blow all of the cable !@#$ right out
> of the water.

They may have the capability of distributing *something*, but the problem is
and will continue to be content. The content-owners will continue their old
ways. Even material that should be in the public domain seems to be getting
tied up somehow these days. When's the last time you heard of a major patent
or copyright expiring? That was supposed to be the deal, you get protection
for your material in exchange for its eventually becoming public property,
which doesn't seem to happen.

> I'm just one of the many millions paying more and more for less and less
>  and not at all happy or quiet about it.
> Let's hope

We all hope, but the problem is no matter how much money Google manages to
amass, they will not be able to outspend the RIAA/MPAA types.

Of course no matter how "non-evil" Google might be, experience has shown that
they will eventually be taken over by the evil forces.