[mythtv-users] live TV problem

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sat Feb 20 14:59:26 UTC 2010

Nikolay Elenkov wrote:
> On 02/19/10 11:41, Nikolay Elenkov wrote:
>>
>> Live TV in mythtv is not working :( Seems that question is asked a lot,
>> so I've searched, but couldn't find anything that solves my problem.
>>
>> I have a standard 878-based analog tuner card. It is configured properly
>> and works fine with kdetv and tvtime. I've added it in mythtvsetup,
>> imported the program info and channels with mythfilldatabase and can see
>> the program guide and channel numbers. However, when I click 'Watch TV' I
>> get only static and later a blue screen. Changing channels doesn't help
>> either. I've looked through the backend logs and it seems it is using the
>> right device (/dev/video0) and right channels, there are no (apparent?)
>> errors in the log.
>
> Then only thing that seems strange is this:
>
> GetChannelData() failed because it could not find channel number
> 'NextChannel 0' in DB for source '1'.
> ChannelBase(2): IsTunable(Television,NextChannel 0) Failed to find
> channel in DB on input '1'
> ChannelBase(2) Error: Setting start channel 'NextChannel 0' failed, and
> we failed to find any suitible channels on any input.
>
> It's not clear if this is an error or not. After that there is this,
> which seems correct (there is a channel 10 in the DB).
>
> Channel(/dev/video0): SetChannelByString(10)
>
> Any ideas?

If it's looking for 'Nextchannel 0', that must be the value in the frequid field
in the channel table in the database, ie there's data in there that shouldn't be.

I would guess that you had errors when doing your original scan. Sometimes you
can get weird stuff ending up in fields. Pull up mythtv-setup, go into the
channel editor, and verify that all fields contain values that look rational.

Another possiblity is in 'Input Connections', check that 'Starting Channel' has
a reasonable value.

--

Mike Perkins