[mythtv-users] mythfrontend/mythwelcome locking up after prolonged use

Ian Clark mrrooster at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 01:02:32 UTC 2010

On 19 February 2010 18:55, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> wrote:

> [snip]
>
> OK, thanks for taking the time to produce the log. It does look like a
> problem with the new MythSignalingTimer leaking memory when the main
> thread in mythwelcome isn't running. I think it's because the
> MythSignalingTimer is run in it's own thread and so continues to emit
> signals even when the main thread isn't running and so the signals just
> get queued up waiting for the main thread to resume.
>
> That's no problem, thanks for debugging it for me.

> So the fix looks like it would be to stop the MythSignalingTimer in
> MythMainWindow when mythsystem() is used to start an external process
> and resume it again when it finishes. I'll have a look at trying this
> over the weekend.
>
> FWIW, I popped a changeEvent handler on MythMainWindow and did
'd->drawTimer->stop()' on activation loss, which seems to have cured the
problem for mythwelcome (although not for mythfrontend launching xbmc, but I
suspect that's due to the dirtyness of my patch.) This does however solve
the main problem of not being able to do anything with the remote that I was
having. (ssh to reboot all the time is tedious.) so I'm happy.

Thanks again for the clear and concise fix. :)

Cheers,

Ian