[mythtv-users] cut HD-PVR content with audio/video sync issues

Kaushik Mallick kmallick2000 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 19 17:04:27 UTC 2010

>I thought I read that your audio goes out of sync gradually. If true
>then try an experiment.
>1) Use the script's avidemux project file but change the output
>container to be avi rather than mkv

I will try the avi file and see if it has sync issues.

>2) Then process the resulting avi file through ffmpeg or mkvmerge to see
>if the final mkv file maintains audio sync.

Isn't this what the lamlindoro script does at the very end?

>it from dmesg..

I know I installed the latest firmware/driver (Ver 1.5.6.1) on my HD-PVR using a windows machine.
I tried dmesg | grep hdpvr and this is what I get:

hdpvr 2-4:1.0: untested firmware version x012, the driver might not work
hdpvr 2-4:1.0: device now attached to /dev/video0
usbcore: registered new interface driver hdpvr

I fail to see where the correct firmware version is.

> "The audio delay actually gets worse as time goes on. At the
> beginning, it seems ok and then after a few minutes, you start to
> notice a change...or drift.

I have read the same message in Ubuntu forum. But I have never noticed any sync issues start to end
in the raw recordings made mythTV using HD-PVR. Actually I am very happy with HD-PVR. The video and
audio quality is excellent. I hope it doesn't die on me.

My video/audio sync issues are related only to automated user script called lamlindoro  proposed
by Robert McNamara. Its not just the sync, but the whole video file is jittery and jumpy for some
reason. The actual mythcommflagged mpg file with cutlists play fine without any sync issues. Therefore
I suspect that the sync issues originate while processing the file with cutlists through avidemux.