[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun new channel scanning and frequencies/numbers off

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 16:55:36 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 10:06 AM, Andrew Close <aclose at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 9:49 AM, Wes Hardaker <wjhns176 at hardakers.net>
> wrote:
> >
> > So based on reading through what I could find in the archives and the
> > bug (and related) found at http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7838 it
> > looks like channel scanning in 0.22 is total hosed...  Anyone know a way
> > around this and are able to get hdhomerun to scan and produce decent
> > output?  I've tried following every set of instructions I can find in
> > any location and it appears nothing works (and the pop-ups telling you
> > that you have conflicts and to pick the channel number without much
> > knowledge isn't very helpful, sadly).
> >
> > Details:
> >  US comcast "cheap" (limited) cable
> >  selected us-cable as the frequency table
> >  about 63 "conflicts" when scanning.
> >
> > In the end, channel "2" for example ends up showing the completely wrong
> > channel when browsing or recording.  Switching things in the channel
> > editor (eg via mythweb) doesn't seem to fix anything unfortunately.
> >
> > The only thing I can think of is to go through the scanning process like
> > I have, write down all the "mistakes" as I by-hand go through all the
> > channels and to try and use that information after deleting the cards
> > again and trying to pick the right channel number during the conflict
> > list.

When I went to scan channels in MythSetup (mythbuntu 9.10 x32bit w/ Avenard
Repo) I would get hangs around channel 63.  I simply told the scanner to
start at a higher channel number (67 is where the digitals start for me) and
it finished just fine.  It never hung.  However, when I went to ID the
channel in LiveTV, LiveTV would hang.  It would do that during channel
changes or if I exited the guide.  I can't start LiveTV in full screen mode
either.  I have to start it in Guide mode.  Then, if I escape out of Guide,
the screen sometimes doesn't resize.  So it will either crash MythFE or
not.  When it doesn't, I can go back into Guide, hit Escape again, and I get
Full Screen.  I still have to add WGNHD and CBS HD to my guide, but I
haven't wanted to mess with it at all.

On a side note, I could never get analog scanning to work.  Bummer.

Jim Oltman