[mythtv-users] How to output to Standard TV

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 22:54:03 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 11:49 AM, Vince Coen <vbcoen at btconnect.com> wrote:
> Hi;
>
> On Thursday 18 Feb 2010, Nick Rout wrote:

> Forgot to mention svideo gives a poor picture if you want to use the TV as a
> monitor.

You'll never get a SD TV to look good as a monitor, there's not enough
resolution.

The problem that is apparent in all this is that graphics cards with
s-video or composite (or even component) out are becoming rarer,
particularly if you look for vdpau in a small form factor, eg revo,
zotac.

I am just grateful to have 2 tvs with hdmi input.