[mythtv-users] cut HD-PVR content with audio/video sync issues

Doug Vaughan r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Thu Feb 18 18:18:33 UTC 2010

Kaushik,
    The information below may not have any relevance to your issues but
it is information about HDPVR recordings, Avidemux and lossless cuts.

    I am not using the automated script for lossless HDPVR cuts but I do
use Avidemux to manually make lossless cuts. I have to use a compiled
version of Avidemux rather than the one packaged with Ubuntu. I have no
luck with Ubuntu's Avidemux 2.5.x package and am still using a compiled
v2.4.3 (r5256). The reason I compiled was due to issues with audio.

    I have to save the cut file (video and audio set to copy) as an avi
and then use ffmpeg to change the container to mkv which also adds the
seek table. As an added bonus the mkv file is several Mgs smaller.

Doug