[mythtv-users] GT 220 Cards

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Feb 18 18:18:00 UTC 2010

On Thursday 18 February 2010 11:11:41 am John P Poet wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Donald J. Organ IV
>
> <dorgan at donaldorgan.com> wrote:
> > Yeah do they make it in low profile??
>
> If you want low profile, then the bigger fan won't fit.  ECS announced
> a fanless 220 card (ECS NSGT220C-1GQS-H) many months ago, but I have
> never seen it for sale anywhere.
>
> It amazes me how stupid some Newegg reviewers are: Thinking the card
> does not support sound because it does not have a S/PDIF input.
> People should really do their homework before buying computer
> hardware.

I've noticed that most of the N/E "reviewers" are gamer types, certainly not
engineers or technicians.

I've seen statements like "my machine runs much faster since I installed the
800 watt PSU", as well as "reports" of more fans producing better performance.

Funny, but the higher the reviewer rates their own technical skill the less
such skill they seem to have.

I'd take any reviews on N/E or any similar sites with a very large grain of
NaCl.