[mythtv-users] HD-PVR Dropouts

greg greg12866 at nycap.rr.com
Thu Feb 18 16:01:51 UTC 2010

Douglas Choma wrote:
> I'm experiencing a similar issue after moving to 0.22-fixes (and 0.23
> trunk).
>
> When watching live tv and changing the channel, I get the following
> error on the backend...
> DevRdB(/dev/video0) Error: Poll giving up
> MPEGRec(/dev/video0) Error: Device error detected
> DevRdB(/dev/video0): Stop(): Not running.
>
> And this happens on the frontend...
> [aac @ 0x7f2128a14920]channel element 0.5 is not allocated
> audio stream changed
> DEnc, Error: Could not open codec, invalid bitrate or samplerate
> Segmentation fault
>
> I'm guessing this has to be an issue with Myth, because the same setup
> worked when I was using 0.22 from trunk.  It only started after 0.22
> moved to stable.
>
> I get the same results with the 0.23 trunk.
>
> Here's my current build...
> MythTV Version   : 23504M
> MythTV Branch    : trunk
> Network Protocol : 56
> Library API      : 0.23.20100131-1
> QT Version       : 4.4.3
> Options compiled in:
>  linux release using_oss using_alsa using_backend using_dvb
> using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv
> using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_mheg
> using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtwebkit using_v4l
> using_x11 using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl
> using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live using_mheg

I am running trunk and have been since the HDPVR became available. I
don't experience the problems you are seeing.. My setup is pretty
stable.. I compared my setup to yours and they are very similar...  I am
running a newer version of Myth,plus a different version of QT...
The only problem I've had with the HDPVR was it was switching nodes,but
with the help of a few people on here I got that working...
OS Ubuntu 9.10 Nvidia 195.36.03

MythTV Version   : 23567
MythTV Branch    : trunk
Network Protocol : 56
Library API      : 0.23.20100212-1
QT Version       : 4.5.2
Options compiled in:
 linux debug using_oss using_alsa using_backend using_dvb using_frontend
using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu
using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus
using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl using_vdpau
using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg