[mythtv-users] something's missing

sharifah ummu kulthum kulthum91 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 13:17:30 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 4:40 PM, sharifah ummu kulthum
<kulthum91 at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 4:12 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 9:05 PM, sharifah ummu kulthum
>> <kulthum91 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > well when i typed lsmod, i see no related module with regard to the card
>> > there. and even in /var/log/messages it has no sign of any capture
>> device.
>> > previously in lsmod and /var/log/messages, i still see something.
>> >
>> > and the card is digital.
>> >

>> can you modprobe the h826d module, like:
>>
>> sudo modprobe h826d
>>
>> ?
>>

> i did and i got this
>
> bitto at bitto:~$ sudo modprobe h826d
> [sudo] password for bitto:
> FATAL: Module h826d not found.

i think i have found the cause on why my PC detects the device previously,
and why it didn't now. it's because i have upgraded my kernel from 2.6.31-14
to 2.6.31-19. when i boot my PC, the default kernel is 2.6.31-19. That's why
it does not load the module automatically. I have installed the device
driver in kernel 2.6.31-14. but now, i still don't know how i can watch tv
using mythtv