[mythtv-users] EIP or xmltv

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Thu Feb 18 12:47:44 UTC 2010

Vince Coen wrote:
> Hi all;
>
> I currently use EIP via UK freeview to get my TV schedules.
>
> This on the basis that they are kept up to date continuously ie before and
> after a sports programme that over or under runs.
>
> Is this a valid assumption?
>
> Or is scheduling via xmltv (via Radio Times website) more reliable as I assume
> that their information is at best updated daily?

No, it's absolutely not a valid assumption. I lost a recording of "Seven Ages of
Britain" recently because they junked it and overran the Olympics by more than
an hour.

Sometimes the EIT shows entirely different info to what's actually being
broadcast. I use xmltv for all the channels I can, EIT only for the ones that I
can't get xmltv (principally radio). At least if the xmltv shows something
different to the final result you know why, and you get 14 days which makes
planning ahead much easier.

--

Mike Perkins