[mythtv-users] VDPAU Brightness or Gamma Settings

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Thu Feb 18 00:32:32 UTC 2010

On 2/17/2010 10:54 AM, Andre Newman wrote:

> On 17 Feb 2010, at 18:44, Kirk Bocek wrote:
>

>> Andre Newman wrote:
>>> The only one I know, give it a go, if it's working you'll know straight away. I heard comments on here about deleting the profile and re-creating but I'd try creating a new one from scratch first, seems safest.
>>>
>>> I switched to Debian&  Ubuntu a long long time ago so ATrpms isn't a strong point, I understand that Axel's rpms are to ones to have though.
>>>
>>> Hopefully someone with more detailed knowledge will be along shortly but I think I'm right about this being added in trunk and JYA's 0.22fixes.
>>>

>> Yes please. If someone has more experience with this, please share.
>>
>> Andre, so your Custom Filters field shows "vdpaucolorspace=auto,vdpaustudio"
>
> Right, no quotes just that
>
> http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2010-January/277699.html
>
> I think he means colorspace not colospace.
>

>> right?
>>
>> I'll also try deleting the profile and recreating.

Andre,
Your filter setting didn't help. So I guess the patch you mentioned
hasn't been incorporated in the ATrpms packages yet.

However, I did find the display controls. They were there all along,
I've just never had to use them. Setting gamma did what I needed
previously. Setting both brightness and contrast to about 56% vastly
improves the image and brings up much of the lost shadow detail.

I wish there was a gamma adjustment though.