[mythtv-users] cut HD-PVR content with audio/video sync issues

Kaushik Mallick kmallick2000 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 17 22:01:25 UTC 2010

I know this is a much talked about issue. I am curious to find out if any one else is successfully
flagging and cutting HD-PVR content.

I managed to successfully run commercial flagging (mythcommflag) on a recorded TV show (720p, AC3 sound).
Then I ran a User Job #1 defined as:

/usr/bin/mythcommflag --queue --gencutlist -f %FILE%

This did a very nice job of generating the cutlists on commercial breaks for the recorded show.

I was also successful in running a User Job #2 defined by

/usr/local/bin/h264cut %DIR% %FILE%

as suggested in the user page here:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User:Iamlindoro

It generated a beautiful mkv file with commercial breaks trimmed off. But the video and audio are out of sync.
The sync issue gets worse as the show progresses.

Is there any other tweaks I can do to bring the audio and video to sync in the final mkv file?

I am running Mythbuntu 9.10 with the latest trunk. I also have got Avidemux 2.5 installed.