[mythtv-users] Revo 1600 looks even better now

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Feb 17 19:20:07 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 17 February 2010 12:05:23 pm Greg Oliver wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 1:00 PM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:
> > John Drescher wrote:

> >> CrystalHD  is an alternative to ION. This is yet another HW mpeg
> >> decoder.
> >
> > Ah, now I understand: VDPAU now, CrystalHD in the future.
>
> I plugged my mini-pcie slot with wifi, but when drivers for linux are
> integrated into mythtv, I will probably swap it for one of those.
>
> The only real thing that irks me about the revo is the hdd.  Both of
> mine are actually PATA, and there are not sata connectors internally.
> Not a big deal, I just use the drive to keep the (compressed) original
> XP install (in case I need to sell it one day).  Although it woul dbe
> nice to have the opportunity to netboot and throw a sata 1TB drive in
> there if I chose to...

Hmmm, mine has a SATA drive in it (WD1600BEVT), and obviously a SATA connector
for it.

Do you have the E-SATA connector, that would imply a SATA bus internally.

I'm not sure if you could sell the XP license, it's probably tied to that
particular hardware, but IANAL (nor am I a cryptologist, which is probably
what you would need to understand the MS license). I tried to get my license
fee refunded, but got bogged down in red tape, which is probably just what
they hope and expect to happen.