[mythtv-users] HD video (just "Lost TV show") slows down during play/sound unsyncs

Goluboff goluboff+mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 19:06:40 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 11:35 AM, Marc MERLIN <marc_mtv at merlins.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can't quite figure that out. I have mythtv 0.21.0+fixes19961-0ubuntu8.
>
> I've had it working for a long time. HD shows like Heroes and 10 other kinds
> record and play fine (recorded through HD Homerun).
> Lost used to be fine, but this season, playback has been bad: the picture
> slows down and then catches up from time to time while the sound gets out of
> sync on my main frontend.
> I checked that my CPU usage is only 30% (dual core duo 3GHz), and I'm
> playing with xv.
>
> I've tried playing the same show on my laptop and the picture still slows
> down and speeds up a bit, but the sound doesn't seem to get out of sync
> there.
>
> Any clue what might be going on?
>
> Thanks,
> Marc

Marc,

Are you running mythcommflag during the recording? I used to have the
same problem you had, and then went to setup and set it to run
mythcommflag after the recording, and that's been fixed now.

I'm not sure why, it might be an issue of not being able to write to
disk fast enough (to both the recording and the seektable), but maybe
you should try it out. The downside is you won't have commercial
detection until after the recording is done.

Mariano