[mythtv-users] Issues recording DTV (Comcast via QAM256)

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Wed Feb 17 18:17:20 UTC 2010

Now that I've had it running for a while, with my signal levels easily > 70% (according to LiveTV) and getting fairly consistent locks:

When recording via schedule -- some of the recordings are un-watchable because of DTV artifacts (the look like lost signal/bad tuning w/jumps in time. -- You guys all know).

When I watch live TV for that channel, it looks fine. But recording automatically seems to have issues.

I've tried setting the preference to one tuner card or the other (I have a pcHDTV-3000 and 5500) to try and rule out either particular card - but that doesn't seem to matter.

I'd like to hear thoughts from others if they've had tweaks they've asserted on their systems to fix something similar.

Thanks,

  -Ben