[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu weekly builds - mine won't update

Jon Whitear jon at whitear.org
Wed Feb 17 01:14:01 UTC 2010

----- "Marc Randolph" <mrand at pobox.com> wrote:

> Howdy Jon,
>
> A bit strange.   You definitely pulled something from the fixes
> branch
> at some point, but are way behind.
> You might watch if "sudo apt-get update" spits out any problems.
> If you do a "apt-cache policy mythtv-frontend", I'd hope that you'd
> see +fixes23527 or newer.  If not, paste the output into an email to
> me and I'll ask around.
>
>    Marc

Marc,

Hope you don't mind me copying this back to the list. Thanks for you help.

Sometimes "sudo apt-get update" complains about duplicates like this:-

<SNIP>
Hit http://ppa.launchpad.net karmic/main Sources
Fetched 80.7kB in 3s (24.0kB/s)
Reading package lists... Done
W: Duplicate sources.list entry http://au.archive.ubuntu.com karmic/main Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/au.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_karmic_main_binary-amd64_Packages)
W: Duplicate sources.list entry http://au.archive.ubuntu.com karmic/universe Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/au.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_karmic_universe_binary-amd64_Packages)
W: Duplicate sources.list entry http://au.archive.ubuntu.com karmic/multiverse Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/au.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_karmic_multiverse_binary-amd64_Packages)
W: Duplicate sources.list entry http://au.archive.ubuntu.com karmic/restricted Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/au.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_karmic_restricted_binary-amd64_Packages)

but when I run it again, it finishes without error. A subsequent "sudo apt-get upgrade" suggests no packages to be installed. Here's what "sudo apt-cache policy mythtv-frontend" has to say.

jon at fe2:~$ sudo apt-cache policy mythtv-frontend
mythtv-frontend:
  Installed: 2:0.22.0-fixes22906-0ubuntu1
  Candidate: 2:0.22.0-fixes22906-0ubuntu1
  Version table:
 *** 2:0.22.0-fixes22906-0ubuntu1 0
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     0.22.0+fixes23565-0ubuntu0+mythbuntu3 0
        500 http://ppa.launchpad.net karmic/main Packages
     0.22.0+fixes22594-0ubuntu1 0
        500 http://au.archive.ubuntu.com karmic/multiverse Packages

I haven't been able to work out (with Google's assistance) how to get apt-get to upgrade to the latest version available.

Cheers,

Jon