[mythtv-users] x264 suttering

Graham Mitchell gmitch at woodlea.com
Tue Feb 16 18:56:38 UTC 2010

> I agree the Broadcom unit should be very efficient, but of course it will
also
> require a standard video card of some sort, so it's power draw would need
> be considered as well.

True, but I think in this application, the graphics are built into the
motherboard. The slight fly in the ointment for the Broadcom, is that it
needs a mini PCIe slot, so you will need an adapter card, as well as a newer
Atom board with a PCIe slot that can be adapted - tho I think there is
something on the newer of the newer boards akin to a header that can be
used?