[mythtv-users] Problems with seeking in recorded tv

Mikko Rönkkö mikko.ronkko at iki.fi
Tue Feb 16 06:48:53 UTC 2010

I have a strange problem. Some recorded TV-shows seem to be too long and skipping back and forward is very slow. I recently recorded a TV show that lasts for an hour, but when I start playback the OSD shows that the show is 3:43:26 long. When I first jump ahead, mythtv seeks to 2:43:26. The playback is normal, but the time is offset by this hour and 43 minutes and seeking is very slow. There is nothing relevant in the logs as far as I can tell.

I tried to run the maintenance script optimize_mythdb.pl, but it did not help.