[mythtv-users] Channel not recording unless visible on second tuner

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Mon Feb 15 18:02:33 UTC 2010

Justin Garrison <rothgar at 1n73r.net> says:
> I have a HDHR and HD-PVR and because of that I have channels 2-13
> available in HD for 3 separate recordings (2 for HDHR and 1 for
> HD-PVR). However, I only want the shows to show up once in the guide
> because it is annoying to have the show repeat itself when scrolling
> through the guide.

Set the callsigns and channel numbers the same for each channel that
is identical across tuners. (The XMLTV IDs, too, since they're
identical, but whether they are matched are not has nothing to do with
whether duplicate channels appear in the EPG.) This will collapse the
channels into one entry regardless of the number of tuners.

> In the past I have just un-marked the HDHR channels as visible and
> haven't had problems. Recently however if the channel is not visible
> in the guide, MythTV will not use it.

This has always been the case; unmarking the Visible flag for a
channel prevents the scheduler from using it.

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array