[mythtv-users] Channel not recording unless visible on second tuner

Justin Garrison rothgar at 1n73r.net
Mon Feb 15 14:15:14 UTC 2010

I have a HDHR and HD-PVR and because of that I have channels 2-13 available
in HD for 3 separate recordings (2 for HDHR and 1 for HD-PVR). However, I
only want the shows to show up once in the guide because it is annoying to
have the show repeat itself when scrolling through the guide. In the past I
have just un-marked the HDHR channels as visible and haven't had problems.
Recently however if the channel is not visible in the guide, MythTV will not
use it. If the HD-PVR is in use, the channels show as unavailable
(grayed out) and a recording will fail on those channels if I am watching
live TV with the HD-PVR.
This is especially frustrating with the Olympics on channel 4 (NBC) right
now. If I am watching live TV with the HD-PVR then the Olympics recording
fails.

Can someone help me with this problem without just always leaving the HDHR
channels visible in the guide? As soon as the channel is marked as visible
MythTV will use both tuners available on the HDHR and I don't run into
conflicts.

Thanks

--
Justin Garrison