[mythtv-users] Program not found in PAT!

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sat Feb 13 12:39:40 UTC 2010

Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 12 February 2010 15:44, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
>> Is this some special problem we have because the BBCi channels come and go?
>
> The channel details are probably always in the PAT even if they are
> not broadcasting at that time (maybe stuarta could give a definitive
> answer here as I'm just guessing).

Actually, from the error it looks like it's the reverse that's happening, ie the
channel exists (possibly only in the database) but is not in the PAT.

I've rescanned yet again, and this time I've actually deleted channels that came
back as "offline". They are odds and sods I'm not going to be interested in much
anyway. Since that point the system has been running smoothly.

I've also been thinking about the problem a bit. Instead of the system bleating
about Program not found in PAT! every couple of minutes all through the night,
what it ought to do is:

* Issue an error message once to the log.
* Write a flag to dtv_multiplex table disabling that multiplex, since it
obviously has some kind of error.
* Trigger the reschedule process so that the system can reroute round the damage
- this means that (i) the tuner is released, and (ii) recordings on other
multiplexes can be attempted.

Obviously remedial action would require manual rescanning the transport in
question, which would reset the flag.

This would be a better way of handling this kind of error rather than the
current "I don't know WTF is going on, let's just sit here and do nothing". Now,
I'm not saying that this has been deliberately designed this way, but that's the
current outcome from this particular set of circumstances.

--

Mike Perkins