[mythtv-users] "Error opening jump program file buffer"

Jim Beckett beckett.jim at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 00:21:15 UTC 2010

Hey all,

Me again, with another question.

Once in a while (not on a reproducible basis), I will try to watch live
tv, and instead get the "Error opening jump program file buffer" error
on screen.

If I try to watch again, it eventually works (most often on the first
retry).

I'm not finding anything in the archives that enlightens me, as to what
this means.

What is this error telling me? (In layman's terms, if possible.)

It doesn't seem to affect scheduled program recordings, but it is an
annoyance for Live TV, and negatively affects the FAF.

Thanks,

-Jim