[mythtv-users] Comcast Digital transition Denver

Matt W mwood23 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 16:59:58 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 8:28 AM, Dan Wilga
<mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu> wrote:
> I just last night got off the phone with Comcast about this very topic. In
> my region, the only signals sent in-the-clear now are SD versions of local
> channels. If you want certain sub-channels you need a (free) DTA. If you
> want any HD at all, you need to rent a Motorola box.

Wow--well I'm glad either due to bureaucracy or incompetence (both?)
this doesn't seem to be the case in my area.  I was actually surprised
to see the local broadcast channels in HD coming over the wire.  If
and when they drop the local HD broadcast, it's just one more thing to
hasten my dumping of that $70 a month albatross.