[mythtv-users] Idle shutdown not working

Martin Ginkel martin.ginkel at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 12 12:14:46 UTC 2010

Hi,

I just plugged together my first HTPC and got Mythbuntu working on it.
I want it to wakeup for programmed recordings and shutdown afterwards.
The wakeup does not work with real halt, because
the Bios/Mainboard does not wake up  from that (S5) state. Instead I
hibernate the machine.
So most of the time wakeup works quite well, but the automated
shutdown does not.

My backend is configured to recoded TV shows and directly start
commercial flagging on them. After this process is finished
the box should power off, but it most often does not.
It kind of works, if I have a freshly rebooted machine which is Idle
and exit from the frontend. Then I can see the countdown
on MythWelcome and It will eventually shut down.
But it should do this also in the middle of the night after recoding something.

If I manually invoke mythshutdown -x in this "dirty" state, it most
often shuts down flawlessly.

Does anybody successfully use this feature and maybe tell me, what
he/she is doing differently.

       Best regards
          Martin