[mythtv-users] Mythwelcome and mythfrontend

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Fri Feb 12 10:29:44 UTC 2010

Rodd Clarkson wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying out Mythwelcome which looks useful.
>
> I have Selected the Automatically Start Myth Frontend option, but it
> starts the FE regardless of whether I turned on the system, or if system
> 'woke' itself up to record something.
>
> The documentation says:
>
> Automatically Start Mythfrontend
> Normally when mythwelcome starts up it checks to see whether the system
> was started to record something or because of a wakeup/shutdown period.
> If not it will automatically start the frontend. You can disable this
> feature by unchecking this option.
>
> So, have I don't something wrong (likely) or is something not working
> right?
>

> Rodd

My guess is you have something setup wrong.

When MythWelcome starts up it checks the MythshutdownWakeupTime setting
from the database which should hold the time of the next automatic wake
up for a recording or one of the wakeup periods if set. If that time is
within 15 minutes of the time now then and automatic wakeup is assumed
and MythFrontend wont be started. The MythshutdownWakeupTime setting
gets set automatically when 'mythshutdown --shutdown' is called by
mythbackend and the time  of the next recording is set by mythbackend
calling 'mythshutdown: --setwakeup'.

So basically just make sure you are using mythshutdown in the
appropriate command settings in MythWelcome and the backend settings
pages. You can still use any external scripts, for example to set the
ACPI wakup time,  you just have to make sure you let mythshutdown call
them for you and not call them directly.

Paul H.